How to scale up Digital Social Economy in Europe?
While Digital Social Economy aka Social Tech is still little used in Europe, it is even less used by small local structures. As for its development, it seems far from being fully supported by public authorities. Faced with this observation, many solutions are emerging to favour and encourage the use of such digital tools for the common good. The locality of certain social economy structures could be seen as an obstacle to the development of Social Tech on this scale. On the contrary, it seems that it has a prominent place in solving social issues on a territorial level.
Those invited to this round table will discuss the different possible solutions to achieve this.
Introduction and moderation :
– Jeanne Bretécher, President and co-founder of the Social Good Accelerator
– Victor Meseguer, Managing Director Social Economy Europe
Round table discussion :
– Barbara Trachte, Secretary of State for Economic Transition and Scientific Research (Brussels Capital)
– Rowan Barnett, Head of Google.org OR Ludwig Forrest, Senior Programme Coordinator
– Isidro Laso Ballesteros, Expert in the cabinet of the European Commissioner for Innovation, Research and Culture
Change Makers :
– Carl Mörch, AI Institute for the Common Good
– Julie Foulon, Co-founder of Molengeek and Girleek
– Antonio Tiani, Programme Officer at Social Ware
Social Good Week Europe
For 8 years, HelloAsso has led this programm to bring together and raise awareness about Digital social organisations in France. The Social Good Accelerator wants to bring the event to a European level in 2022.
Tech innovation and social innovation share a prospective and proactive vision of the future. Social Good Week aims to englight especially the organisations that empower ocial Economy with alternative models, tools or collaborative platforms. This is an annual opportunity to bring about a more inclusive digital world at European level around federating projects while the month of Social Economy in France and the Web Summit are taking place.
Let’s lead together a fair, inclusive and sustainable digital transition for the Common Good, while increasing the skills of everyone.