Saturday 12 December 2020, Washington DC and Brussels.
Social Economy Europe (SEE) and the American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC) today announced a global partnership of over 3.1 million social enterprises and triple bottom-line businesses.
SEE/ASBC Partnership objectives include:
- Responding to COVID identifying opportunities to build back better and fairer
- Sharing best public policies to advance equitable and sustainable economies
- Elevating sustainable businesses and the Social Economy
- Aligning & Partnering to develop Social Economy and Sustainable Businesses & their Value-Chain Ecosystems globally through B2B connectivity, in cooperation with collaborating International Organisations representing the global social economy
- Creating a Permanent Global Business Dialogue on the contribution of social economy enterprises and sustainable businesses to the UN 2030 Agenda and its Sustainable Development Goals.
ABOUT SEE (https://www.socialeconomy.eu.org/)
Social Economy Europe (SEE) is the voice of 2.8 million social economy enterprises and organizations in the European Union, employing 13.6 million people and accounting for 8% of the EU’s GDP. SEE has been a catalyst for new key initiatives, most notably the renewal of the European Parliament’s Social Economy Intergroup with the backing of over 80 Members of the European Parliament (MEPs).
ABOUT ASBC (www.asbcouncil,org)
American Sustainable Business Council represents over 250,000 U.S. socially responsible businesses and advocate on their behalf. In June 2020, ASBC and Social Venture Circle (SVC – https://svcimpact.org/) (over 700 leading U.S. impact investors), formed a strategic partnership.
Victor Meseguer, Director, Social Economy Europe,
Thomas P. Oppel
Executive Vice President, American Sustainable Business Council
O: (202) 660-1455