118 applications received!
We were absolutely thrilled to receive a total of 118 applications, from 28 different countries. These include 26 Associations, 19 Cooperatives, 9 Foundations, 33 Social enterprises and 18 other forms all of which demonstrate the fundamental values of the social economy.
From Social Economy Europe, we are pleased to announce the nine finalists (three for each category) of the European Social Economy Awards, who are:
For Social Innovation:
- ADV Foundation, a work integration social Enterprise from Romania
- INNATURA, a social business which turns surplus into social benefits from Germany.
- NEEDS MAP, a cooperative online platform from Turkey.
For Green Transition:
- CONSUM/ Eco-efficient Coop store, Spain
- SOM Energia, a renewable energy cooperative from Spain
- STARAMAKI, a social cooperative from Greece that utilizes the by-product of wheat & rye to produce an eco-friendly alternative to single-use plastic straws
For Digitalisation and Skills:
- CZECHITAS, an organisation from the Czech Republic striving to increase the number of talented and qualified individuals underrepresented in IT.
- SOGA Europe, a European network, based in France, for people, planet and social tech, aiming at empowering and scaling up social economy and civil society with digital commons for a better European social tech
- SUARA, a cooperative from Spain providing innovative social services.
The winner for each category will be announced during the hybrid Gala of the EU Social Economy Awards, to be held on 12 October 2021 at the Digital Centre of Slovenia in Ljubljana. An event presented by Master of Ceremonies Chris MM Gordon. An opportunity to celebrate the potential of social economy enterprises & organisations, of social economy entrepreneurs, workers and citizens to innovate and re-invent the future through collective action.
The European Social Economy Awards take place in the framework of the Slovenian Presidency Social Economy Conference #ActSE2021; co-organised in cooperation with Social Economy Europe and other EU, global and national networks and institutions.