The Social Economy Intergroup Public Hearing on Skills and Digitalisation: Investing in the Social Economy as tomorrow’s economy was held on the 18 February 2021 from 11.00 – 13.00h, as a zoom webinar. This online event discussed the importance of investing in the upskilling and reskilling of social economy entrepreneurs and employees as drivers of sustainable development and fair transitions.
Full Written Report
The event was presented and moderated by Heather Roy, Secretary General of Eurodiaconia and member of the Board of Directors of SEE.
Important speakers at the event include:
– 03: 54 Patrizia Toia, MEP Co-Chair of the Social Economy Intergroup.
– 12:18 Sven Giegold, MEP Co-Chair of the Social Economy Intergroup.
– 22:54 Nicolas Schmit, Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights.
– Keynote speech: – 37:33 Juan Antonio Pedreño, President of Social Economy Europe and social economy entrepreneur.
– Roundtable: Investing in the upskilling and reskilling of social economy entrepreneurs and employees as drivers of sustainable development and fair transitions.
– 51:00 Giuseppe Guerini, President of CECOP.
– 01:13:43 Laura Peracaula, Co-Director General of Suara Cooperativa- A new vision for a quality and fair caring economy.
– 01:16:36 Sibylle Reichert, Executive Director of AIM (International Association of Mutual Benefit Societies)
– 01:32:43 Patrizia Bussi, Director of ENSIE (European Network of Social Integration Enterprises)
– Closing remarks
– 01:44:54 Jordi Cañas, MEP and Vice-Chair of the Social Economy Intergroup
– 01:52:17 Lina Gálvez, MEP and member of the Social Economy Intergroup