23/09 SEIG public hearing: It's time for the social economy to work together!
08 Oct 2015 | 0 Comment
On 23 September the European Parliament’sc SEIG organised a public hearing on “An EU legal framework for social economy enterprises and organisations”. MEPs Jens Nilsson, Sofia Robeiro, Marie-Christine Vergiat and Sven Giegold, togther with representatives of Member States and the sector participated in the event.
The Social Economy:
- is founded on the principles of solidarity and collective involvement in a process of active citizenship.
- generates high quality jobs and a better quality of life, and offers a framework suited to new forms of enterprise, work and responsible consumption.
- plays an important role in regional and local development and social cohesion
- is socially responsible
- is a factor of economic democracy
- contributes to the stability and pluralism of markets
- Contributes to key European Union’s priorities and strategic objectives, such as: smarter, sustainable and inclusive development, social cohesion, full employment and the fight against poverty, participatory democracy, better governance, sustainable development etc.