Historic Council Conclusion on the promotion of the social economy
11 Dec 2015 | 0 Comment
On 7th December 2015, the EPSCO Counciladopted the first conclusions on “The promotion of the social economy as key driver of economic and social development in Europe”
27/11 Towards a fairer economic development: the role of the social economy
25 Nov 2015 | 0 Comment
On friday 27th November, from the 17:00 to 19:00, in the framework of the Mont-Blanc-Meetings, it will take place the event Towards a fairer economic development: the role of the social economy, co-organised" by SEE and the Mont-Blanc Meetigns.
The Social Economy:
- is founded on the principles of solidarity and collective involvement in a process of active citizenship.
- generates high quality jobs and a better quality of life, and offers a framework suited to new forms of enterprise, work and responsible consumption.
- plays an important role in regional and local development and social cohesion
- is socially responsible
- is a factor of economic democracy
- contributes to the stability and pluralism of markets
- Contributes to key European Union’s priorities and strategic objectives, such as: smarter, sustainable and inclusive development, social cohesion, full employment and the fight against poverty, participatory democracy, better governance, sustainable development etc.