The Social Economy:
- is founded on the principles of solidarity and collective involvement in a process of active citizenship;
- generates high quality jobs and a better quality of life, and offers a framework suited to new forms of enterprise, work and responsible consumption;
- plays an important role in regional and local development and social cohesion;
- is socially responsible;
- is a factor of economic democracy;
- contributes to the stability and pluralism of markets;
- contributes to key European Union’s priorities and strategic objectives, such as: smarter, sustainable and inclusive development, social cohesion, full employment and the fight against poverty, participatory democracy, better governance, sustainable development,etc.