The Social Economy:
- Is founded on the principles of solidarity and collective involvement in a process of active citizenship.
- Generates high quality jobs and a better quality of life, and offers a framework suited to new forms of enterprise, work and responsible consumption.
- Plays an important role in regional and local development and social cohesion.
- Is socially responsible.
- Is a factor of economic democracy.
- Contributes to the stability and pluralism of markets.
- Contributes to key European Union’s priorities and strategic objectives, such as: smarter, sustainable and inclusive development, social cohesion, full employment and the fight against poverty, participatory democracy, better governance, sustainable development,etc.